On This Page:
- USGA Handicap Index through USGA GHIN System.
- 24 Handicap revisions (updated the 1st and 15th of every month) resulting in the most up-to-date and accurate handicap indexes.
- Receive Handicap Index Report and i-Links Newsletter via email.
- Eligibility to compete in 15 IGA state amateur championships.
- Eligibility to compete in IGA 9-Hole Members’ Tour.
- Access to the IGA Winter Get-A-Way that provides affordable, fun-filled, non-competitive golf and lodging at a warm climate destination.
- The Home Course “The Home of Golf in the Northwest” in which IGA/PNGA members are afforded a significantly reduced green fee.
- Access to Chambers Bay in which IGA/PNGA members are afforded a significantly reduced green fee.
- OGA Golf Course in which IGA/PNGA members are afforded a significantly reduced green fee.
- Eligibility to represent the IGA on International and National Teams in high level competitions.
- Pacific Northwest Golf Association (PNGA) Membership which includes eligibility for 14 regional amateur championships, Pacific Northwest Golfer Magazine and more.
2018 Winter Getaway
Conducted by the Idaho Golf Association
Revere Golf Club & Silverton Hotel and Casino
Here are a few details for the 2018 Get-a-Way:
Double Occupancy (two golfers) $390 per golfer
Single Occupancy (one golfer or one golfer and one non-golfer) $570
Wednesday, 1/24/18 Hotel check-in, Silverton Hotel and Casino
Thursday, 1/25/18 10:00 a.m. shot gun Optional Individual Stroke play competition
Optional Skins Game – signup in golf shop
Friday, 1/26/18 10:00 a.m. shot gun Optional Four-Ball competition
Optional Skins Game – signup in golf shop
Saturday, 1/27/18 10:00 a.m. shot gun Optional Skins Game – signup in golf shop
Sunday, 1/28/18 Hotel check-out, Silverton Hotel and Casino
Questions? You can contact Genger Fahleson at email@example.com .
Entries are open to golfers who have an up-to-date Handicap Index® under the USGA Handicap SystemTM . A Handicap Index must be issued from a “golf club” (as defined in the “USGA Handicap System Manual”) which is licensed to use the USGA Handicap System. You must be a member at a PNGA Member-Club (British Columbia Golf Association, Idaho Golf Association, Oregon Golf Association or Washington State Golf Association).
You can request the individuals you would like to play with and will do so during the registration process. Groups of five are not permitted. Most IGA groups will be 4 golfers. 10:00 a.m. shotgun start.
Men: Shirts with collars required. Golf slacks or shorts of appropriate length. NO DENIM jeans of any color. Sweat pants, swimsuits, spandex or tank tops are NOT permitted.
Ladies: Shirts with collars or blouse. Golf slacks, walking shorts, or golf skirt of appropriate length (mid-thigh). NO DENIM jeans of any color. Sweat pants, swimsuits, spandex or tank tops are NOT permitted.
Footwear: Revere Golf Club is a spikeless facility. Golf shoes with soft spikes or rubber soled athletic shoes only.
- Provides computer hardware, USGA GHIN Handicap software. System service and updates to member clubs at no additional cost.
- Provides Tournament Pairings Program, cart signs and scorecards for club tournaments at no additional cost.
- Provides the PGA Rocky Mountain Section and Idaho GCSA Members with Handicap Index through USGA GHIN System.
- Conducts State Amateur Championships of Excellence, as well as, enjoyable competitions for golfers of every handicap.
- Conducts USGA National Championship Qualifiers in the State of Idaho.
- Administers USGA Course & Slope Rating at no additional cost to member golf clubs.
- Administers USGA Rules of Golf and Amateur Status where you can call (208)342-4442 x 1 with questions.
- Administers IGA Player Point Systems from the top level tournaments resulting in annual rankings.
- Idaho Junior Tour conducts statewide competitive programs for junior golfers.
Access to Educational Seminars
Throughout the IGA season, the staff conducts a series of educational seminars in which IGA members can attend for a minimal cost.
IGA Handicap Seminars in each district- Free of Charge
IGA Rules of Golf Seminars in each district- $20. If you are interested and would like further information, please contact Genger Fahleson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IGA Course Rating Seminars in each district- $20; Returning Raters, $25; New Raters. If you are interested and would like further information, please contact email@example.com.
IGA Members’ Tour
In 2014, the Idaho Golf Association looked for ways to expand playing opportunities for our members. The IGA 9-Hole Member’s Tour was established to provide access to a variety of golf courses in the Treasure Valley and introduce golfers to other IGA members. The goal is to provide a fun environment for the everyday golfer by offering different formats of golf whether it be match play, stroke play or stableford competitions. Playing just 9-holes of golf saves time in busy schedules which allows golfers more time to be at home with the family or to do some of that yard work you’ve been putting off!
- Evening 9-Hole stroke play events conducted at different Treasure Valley courses
- Men and Women can join the Tour
- Net and Gross payouts at each Tour event
- Entry fee for each event covers green fee, range balls, and a merchandise payout
- Participation/ Performance points earned throughout season. Earning gift cards at the end of the season.
Questions? Please contact us at (208)342-4442 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE….