On This Page:
- USGA Handicap Index through USGA GHIN System.
- 24 Handicap revisions (updated the 1st and 15th of every month) resulting in the most up-to-date and accurate handicap indexes.
- Receive Handicap Index Report and i-Links Newsletter via email.
- Eligibility to compete in 15 IGA state amateur championships.
- Eligibility to compete in IGA 9-Hole Members’ Tour.
- Access to the IGA Winter Get-A-Way that provides affordable, fun-filled, non-competitive golf and lodging at a warm climate destination.
- The Home Course “The Home of Golf in the Northwest” in which IGA/PNGA members are afforded a significantly reduced green fee.
- Access to Chambers Bay in which IGA/PNGA members are afforded a significantly reduced green fee.
- OGA Golf Course in which IGA/PNGA members are afforded a significantly reduced green fee.
- Eligibility to represent the IGA on International and National Teams in high level competitions.
- Pacific Northwest Golf Association (PNGA) Membership which includes eligibility for 14 regional amateur championships, Pacific Northwest Golfer Magazine and more.
Winter Getaway Access
2017 IGA Winter Getaway
Conducted by the Idaho Golf Association
Primm Valley Golf Club & Primm Valley Casino Resorts
Here are a few follow-up details for the Get-a-Way:
- 10:00 shot gun each day, use this link to find the groupings and starting holes: http://www.ghintpp.com/iga/TPPOnlineScoring/Pairings.aspx?ID=357. You are on your own for any groupings changes, we will not be making such changes for you.
- For those of you who did NOT sign up for the INDIVIDUAL STROKE PLAY (Thursday 1/19, $15 per player) or for the FOUR-BALL (best ball, Friday 1/20, $20 per team) the deadline to enter is: TUESDAY, 1/17, 12:00 NOON. No exceptions. Sign-up online for either or both of two competitions.
- For those of you who DID sign-up for the INDIVIDUAL STROKE PLAY and wish to change which tee you play, the deadline to make those changes is: TUESDAY, 1/17, 12:00 NOON. No exceptions.
- For those of you who DID sign-up for the FOUR-BALL and wish to change partners, the deadline to make those changes is: TUESDAY, 1/17, 12:00 NOON. No exceptions.
- Four-Ball competition will be played on the Desert Course: men will play the blue tees (approx. 6500 yds), women will play the green tees (approx. 5300)
- Winners of the INDIVIDUAL STROKE PLAY or FOUR-BALL (gross and net), will be awarded merchandise credit in the Primm Valley golf shop.
- There will be an optional SKINS GAME (gross & net payouts) each of the three days, you will enter the skins game at Primm Valley in the golf shop – $10 per day. There will be two divisions for the skins game: men’s division and women’s division. Men may choose the most appropriate tee for their ability – white, blue or black. Women will play the green tees.
Wednesday, 1/18/17 Hotel check-in, Primm Valley Resort
Thursday, 1/19/17 10:00 a.m. shot gun Optional Individual Stroke play competition
Optional Skins Game – signup in golf shop
6:00 p.m. Buffet Dinner, hosted by IGA (cash bar) (Primm Resort Convention Center). Bar open at 6, buffet open at 6:30.
Friday, 1/20/17 10:00 a.m. shot gun Optional Four-Ball competition
Optional Skins Game – signup in golf shop
Saturday, 1/21/17 10:00 a.m. shot gun Optional Skins Game – signup in golf shop
Sunday, 1/22/17 Hotel check-out, Primm Valley Resort
What is it?
The IGA Winter Getaway provides golfers access to lodging and golf for an affordable price. For as little as $350, you receive the following: four nights of lodging, three rounds of golf, golf cart included, range balls and a dinner hosted by the IGA after the first day of play. Primm Valley has three different casinos on site, and the golf course is a 36-hole facility.
As an added bonus, you get to select who you would like to play golf with all three days. That’s the beauty of the winter getaway! We provide you with non-competitive golf as well as optional formats of competition.
Entries are open to golfers who have an up-to-date Handicap Index® under the USGA Handicap SystemTM . A Handicap Index must be issued from a “golf club” (as defined in the “USGA Handicap System Manual”) which is licensed to use the USGA Handicap System. You must be a member at a PNGA Member-Club (British Columbia Golf Association, Idaho Golf Association, Oregon Golf Association or Washington State Golf Association).
Entries, Fee, Entry Deadline
Entries close on Wednesday, January 4, 2017. Double Occupancy (Golfer & Golfer sharing room) cost is $350 per player. Single Occupancy (or Golfer & Non-Golfer sharing room) cost is $475 per player. Entries include lodging, green fees, golf cart, range balls and player reception/dinner, Thursday, January 19th .
You can request the individuals you would like to play with and will do so during the registration process. If you have more than eight people in your group, please provide your preferred groupings for all three days to Vanessa Sinclair at email@example.com. Groups of five are not permitted. Most IGA groups will be 4 golfers. 10:00 a.m. shotgun start.
- Thursday, January 19th-Individual Stroke Play
- Friday, January 20th – Four-Ball Stroke Play
- Saturday, January 21st – Skins game and closest to the hole
Men: Shirts with collars required. Golf slacks or shorts of appropriate length. NO DENIM jeans of any color. Sweat pants, swimsuits, spandex or tank tops are NOT permitted.
Ladies: Shirts with collars or blouse. Golf slacks, walking shorts, or golf skirt of appropriate length (mid-thigh). NO DENIM jeans of any color. Sweat pants, swimsuits, spandex or tank tops are NOT permitted.
Footwear: Primm Valley Golf Club is a spikeless facility. Golf shoes with soft spikes or rubber soled athletic shoes only.
- Provides computer hardware, USGA GHIN Handicap software. System service and updates to member clubs at no additional cost.
- Provides Tournament Pairings Program, cart signs and scorecards for club tournaments at no additional cost.
- Provides the PGA Rocky Mountain Section and Idaho GCSA Members with Handicap Index through USGA GHIN System.
- Conducts State Amateur Championships of Excellence, as well as, enjoyable competitions for golfers of every handicap.
- Conducts USGA National Championship Qualifiers in the State of Idaho.
- Administers USGA Course & Slope Rating at no additional cost to member golf clubs.
- Administers USGA Rules of Golf and Amateur Status where you can call (208)342-4442 x 1 with questions.
- Administers IGA Player Point Systems from the top level tournaments resulting in annual rankings.
- Idaho Junior Tour conducts statewide competitive programs for junior golfers.
Access to Educational Seminars
Throughout the IGA season, the staff conducts a series of educational seminars in which IGA members can attend for a minimal cost.
IGA Handicap Seminars in each district- Free of Charge
IGA Rules of Golf Seminars in each district- $20. If you are interested and would like further information, please contact Genger Fahleson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IGA Course Rating Seminars in each district- $20; Returning Raters, $25; New Raters. If you are interested and would like further information, please contact email@example.com.
IGA Members’ Tour
In 2014, the Idaho Golf Association looked for ways to expand playing opportunities for our members. The IGA 9-Hole Member’s Tour was established to provide access to a variety of golf courses in the Treasure Valley and introduce golfers to other IGA members. The goal is to provide a fun environment for the everyday golfer by offering different formats of golf whether it be match play, stroke play or stableford competitions. Playing just 9-holes of golf saves time in busy schedules which allows golfers more time to be at home with the family or to do some of that yard work you’ve been putting off!
- Evening 9-Hole stroke play events conducted at different Treasure Valley courses
- Men and Women can join the Tour
- Net and Gross payouts at each Tour event
- Entry fee for each event covers green fee, range balls, and a merchandise payout
- Participation/ Performance points earned throughout season. Earning gift cards at the end of the season.
Questions? Please contact us at (208)342-4442 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE….